Saturday, January 26, 2019

Facebook Efficiency

We all like to save money, but sometimes saving time can be worthwhile too. For those who use Facebook, I found out this morning that I could actually clean my Facebook newsfeed for better efficiency.

I just did an analysis of my Facebook feed. What better thing to do on a Saturday morning, right? And you know what I found? It was out of control! But I also found that there are ways to control it a bit better.
Out of 100 posts, 10 were from friends. Ten! Only 10 posts from friends, out of 100 posts!
Out of 100 posts, 48 were news articles, not news articles shared by friends but just news articles.
So I went back and made some adjustments. News? Had I actually liked and followed news venues? I can pursue it elsewhere. So I Unliked (which automatically Unfollows).
Next I went for several Groups or businesses which I have no recollection of having joined and no reason to think I would have. I went to those and I Unliked them.
Next I went to Groups and businesses which I joined for a reason but no longer interact with (especially ones where the posts are mostly off topic) and I Unfollowed them.
I went to businesses which I might have joined to help them get to so many likes, but which I don't currently enjoy. And I Unfollowed them. You can do that without Unliking. It's actually a thing.
And so, I have cleaned my Facebook house. Now I can actually scroll and see a few posts from FRIENDS...which is what Facebook was supposed to be for. Am I right? 

No comments: