Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Quarter Irish Stew (Vegetarian)

I call it Quarter Irish Stew, because my parents told me I am quarter Irish; and also because I made this tonight without any lamb or even beef, or even ground beef, because one of my sons is eating vegetarian right now.

To be honest, I tried to take shortcuts but it ended up taking quite a bit of time anyway. But my guys all liked it. Yum. 

Put in a pan and cook until tender:

½ cup olive oil
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion

Put in a Dutch oven along with the onion and celery:

1 cup red cooking wine
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I get it in a tube)
2 teaspoons bouillon 
1 teaspoon thyme
1 can (14.5 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
2 packages (11 ounces each) Steam Fresh, lightly sauced, roasted red potatoes

Bring to a boil, turn down, and simmer until potatoes are done.



No comments: